Vigilante

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official forum for the MMO guild Vigilante

4 posters

Legend: Should we have game based names yet?

Poll

Game based ranks? (Meaning Yithar would be called "Aika Leader", Gun would be Aika Officer, etc.

[ 0 ]
    Legend: Should we have game based names yet? I_vote_lcap0%Legend: Should we have game based names yet? I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Legend: Should we have game based names yet? I_vote_lcap75%Legend: Should we have game based names yet? I_vote_rcap [75%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Legend: Should we have game based names yet? I_vote_lcap25%Legend: Should we have game based names yet? I_vote_rcap [25%] 

Total Votes: 4
    Surtic
    Surtic
    Founder

Legend: Should we have game based names yet? Empty Legend: Should we have game based names yet?

Post by Surtic Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:51 pm

Vote above.

Also, rank colors are needed. Things like Officers, Leaders, etc. (i'd prefer a dark color for the leader of a game and lighter colors going down more. like crimson for lead, bright red for officer, almost pink for guildmember)
    Woyaa
    Woyaa
    Spammer

Legend: Should we have game based names yet? Empty Re: Legend: Should we have game based names yet?

Post by Woyaa Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:02 am

Nope, adding more ranks makes it confusing. Just keep pre-made ranks within the guild.

You don't have to be the in-game guild leader to be the guild leader...kinda.
    Surtic
    Surtic
    Founder

Legend: Should we have game based names yet? Empty Re: Legend: Should we have game based names yet?

Post by Surtic Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:53 am

Woyaa wrote:Nope, adding more ranks makes it confusing. Just keep pre-made ranks within the guild.

You don't have to be the in-game guild leader to be the guild leader...kinda.
    Suppose it makes sense, i could always grant a special title for games which is a different title thing.

I say guild leader as the person leading the guild in a game (which, unless someone wants to make it in a game themselves, would probably be me).
    Sylvermoon
    Sylvermoon

Post by Sylvermoon Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:23 pm

Woyaa got a point. From looking at some other guild threads, it really looks like most of the time their hierarchy is independent of the game they are playing. And it might become confusing having 3-4 guild leaders, few officers in each game, etc. (Not even thinking of people playing many games at once)

So yeah, it might be better to keep it simple and have a single hierarchy, independent of any game.

P.S.: I need to work on a sig/avatar Razz
    Surtic
    Surtic
    Founder

Post by Surtic Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:40 pm

Sylvermoon wrote:Woyaa got a point. From looking at some other guild threads, it really looks like most of the time their hierarchy is independent of the game they are playing. And it might become confusing having 3-4 guild leaders, few officers in each game, etc. (Not even thinking of people playing many games at once)

So yeah, it might be better to keep it simple and have a single hierarchy, independent of any game.

P.S.: I need to work on a sig/avatar Razz
    True, the problem is setting up said hierarchy and deciding what to call each position lol.

I still need color ideas for the names too.
    Sylvermoon
    Sylvermoon

Post by Sylvermoon Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:13 pm

It could be something like that:

1. Guild leader
    (Surtic, obviously)

2. Someone under you to act as a general of some sort
    (I was thinking of Yith)

3. Leaders in the games
    (Other than Surt or Yith)

4. Officers, no matter what game

5. Recruiters, similar to the Rank 2 members in Aika

6. Normal members

--

As for the names, you could go with military ranks. I'm not really familiar with their order, but something along the line to:

Guild Leader --> General --> Marshall --> Officer --> Captain --> Guildmate

--

And for the colors.. I like your idea of "dark to light", but I'd go with green or blue personnaly. I'm not too fond of having a pink name lol ^^''
    Surtic
    Surtic
    Founder

Post by Surtic Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:54 pm

Sylvermoon wrote:It could be something like that:

1. Guild leader
    (Surtic, obviously)

(I was thinking of Yith)

3. Leaders in the games

6. Normal members

--

As for the names, you could go with military ranks. I'm not really familiar with their order, but something along the line to:

--

And for the colors.. I like your idea of "dark to light", but I'd go with green or blue personnaly. I'm not too fond of having a pink name lol ^^''
    I'll keep this in mind, would like the other people to actually join and give input too. Especially Yith since he's been here for a bit already
    neonyithar
    neonyithar

Post by neonyithar Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:19 pm

Surtic wrote:
    Sylvermoon wrote:It could be something like that:

1. Guild leader
    (Surtic, obviously)

(I was thinking of Yith)

3. Leaders in the games

6. Normal members

--

--

I'll keep this in mind, would like the other people to actually join and give input too. Especially Yith since he's been here for a bit already

I think I agree with Sylver. Just have like a Lead and Co-Lead, Game Leaders/Officers, Recruiters, and Normal Guild Members.

And I voted unsure for the poll because I wasn't for it or against it. But now, I think I agree with everyone else. It just complicates things to add names like that.
    Woyaa
    Woyaa
    Spammer

Post by Woyaa Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:37 am

I'm thinking Leader, Co-Leader, Officers, Recruiters, Guild members.

I'm not sure on your recruiting policies, so I added in Recruiters.

cheers
    Surtic
    Surtic
    Founder

Post by Surtic Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:39 am

How about:
    Founder -> Game Leader -> Co-leader -> Officers -> (unknown) -> Guildmember
    Then i could go edit a special title on people (like how i have Founder below my name in posts). Example: Yith would be a Game Leader with the title of Aika Guildmaster, Gun would have Aika Officer, etc.

Then something for ally-types.
    Woyaa
    Woyaa
    Spammer

Post by Woyaa Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:25 am

Ooo, custom. Very Happy.

Make sure you put me as spamwhore. cheers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 1:53 pm